Sunday March 12
- 1pm it’s the annual Dick Dowling Statue Ceremony at Herman Park. Featured speaker will be our old friend Lori Gallagher of the University of St. Thomas Irish Studies program.
- 39th Annual FM 1960 St. Patrick’s Parade Champion Forest and FM 1960 281-378-0800 1960parade.com H-E-B’s Scott McClelland grand marshals this year’s 1960 St. Patrick’s Parade, which includes an appearance by the Budweiser Clydesdales. Vendor market in the Home Depot parking lot at 4159 FM 1960 West at Gladebrook for carnival food, games and face painting. Proceeds benefit the Cypress Creek EMS Scholarship Fund.
- 5pm Blaggards, will perform at Plimlico on Waugh for that venue’s 3rd Anniversary Party For more info on upcoming Blaggards performances, (there are a lot of them) please go to Blaggards.com.
- 5-7pm it’s the 4th Annual St. Patrick’s Day Young Adult Cancer Awareness Fundraiser at St Arnolds Brewery. Music by Blaggards. Please join us for a fun evening with friends, family and neighbors and learn more about what’s happening at Dan’s House of Hope. Food and beverages provided. Register now for reduced rate, or pay $50 at the door. Thank you to event sponsor – Crossroads Insurance Recovery Advocates, LLC, and to food sponsor – Central Bank
- 7PM Jig is Up at Gorgeous Gael 5555 Morningside
Monday-Friday March 13-17, Bellaire City Library’s Irish Movie Week, 5111 Jessamine, Bellaire, 713-662-8166 bellairetx.gov The Daughter of Rosie O’Grady kicks off Irish Movie Week at the Bellaire City Library, which includes afternoon screenings of My Wild Irish Rose and Irish Eyes Are Smiling and concludes on St. Patrick’s Day with the 1952 John Ford-John Wayne classic The Quiet Man. All showings are free.
Tuesday March 14 at 6pm sharp, Irish Network Houston present their first “Irish Business Fireside Chat” sponsored by Enterprise Ireland, at Jones Hall (3910 Yoakum), University of St. Thomas, and hosted by the Center for Irish Studies.
Wednesday March 15, Guinness Dinner at Gorgeous Gael 5555 Morningside, music by Jig is Up. Call for tickets (832) 667-8321.
Thursday March 16, 7PM Blaggards at Keaneally’s Pub 2111 South Shepherd 713-630-0486 irishpubkenneallys.com.
Friday March 17 is ST PATRICK’S DAY!
- 11:00 Gorgeous Gael…Music by Jig is Up
- 12 noon The Harp: big parking lot party. Zydeco Dots play at 4 and Lisa Novak band at 8pm. Irish Dancers come on at 7 . Bagpipers and great food. Free beads and plenty of giveaways.
- 12:30 Mass at University of St Thomas Chapel of St Basil. Reception follows.
- St. Patrick’s Day at The Woodlands Children’s Museum 4775 West Panther Creek Drive The Woodlands 281-465-0955 woodlandschildrensmuseum.org Join The Woodlands Children’s Museum for an Irish-at-heart tribute with traditional Irish dancing from Cloggers Unlimited and the McTeggart Irish Dancers. Juggler Claude Sims will also be on hand to delight the young and young at heart.
- 2pm start time: Fitzgerald’s St. Patrick’s Day Parking Lot Party & Blues Jam, 2706 White Oak 713-862-3838 com Bluesman Mark May returns to the Heights to host a nonstop jam session that benefits the National Down Syndrome Society, in a parking lot packed with vendors, beer specials and Irish whiskey. Doors open at noon, and the music starts at 2 p.m. All ages welcome.
- All day at Griff’s 3416 Roseland St, Houston, TX 77006, a full St. Patrick’s day’s entertainment including Murder the Stout.
- McGonigel’s Mucky Duck 2425 Norfolk St, Houston, TX 77098 is celebrating 25 years of St. Patrick’s Day in a family-friendly festival. The entire property is covered under a big-top tent showcasing Celtic music and dance inside and outside the Duck throughout the day with pub grub and drinks. Music includes PIPER JONES BAND, MILKDRIVE, CLANDESTINE, JIGGERNAUT, IRISH DANCERS and more. There is a charge to attend. Call (713) 528-5999 for details.
- Lucky’s Pub St. Patrick’s Day Festival Downtown 801 St. Emanuel 713-522-2010 Green beer, leprechauns and bagpipers are aplenty at Lucky’s St. Patrick’s Day Festival, now at four locations. Downtown at the original Lucky’s, doors open at 6 a.m. for Lucky Charms and breakfast tacos, and the fun continues with 94.5 The Buzz broadcasting live all day, plus 15 bands and six DJs across three stages.
- 5-10 pm Saint Arnold’s St. Patrick’s Day, 2000 Lyons 713-686-9494 saintarnold.com Come out and watch the crowning of a new Donegal Beard Growing champ at Saint Arnold brewery and enjoy its full beer lineup and Irish stew bread bowls from 5 to 10 p.m. Even better? This year the festivities at Saint Arnold are free.
- 6:30-8:30 Wylde Meade Celtic St. Paddy Day Celebration at EQ Heights, 1030 Heights Boulevard
- 7PM The Jig is Up at Bombshells South.
- 7PM Murder the Stout plays Market Square downtown
- 8PM Michael Londra’s Celtic Fire at Miller Outdoor Theatre 6000 Hermann Park Drive Houston, One of Ireland’s leading tenors brings you an evening of songs, stories, tunes and dance, from the heart of the Emerald Isle. World champion dancers from the casts of Riverdance and Lord of the Dance take the stage with exuberance.
- 8-12PM Tom Fooligans at Bull and Bear 11980 Westheimer at Kirkwood.
- March 17-18 Mo’s Irish Pub St. Patrick’s Day Celebration! 138 Vintage Park 281-251-0715 mosirishpub.com Mo’s Irish Pub boasts green beer, bagpipes and Irish dancing at its two-day St. Patrick’s Day extravaganza. Stop by for the Irish-American menu, which includes food and drink specials, live music: Leo Mendoza, Turnmics and ThunderPants on Friday; OMG and Infinity’s Twin on Saturday, raffle prizes and free hugs.